To setup ODBC bridge from IBM Integration Broker to DB2, download and install the ODBC bridge from the IBM Data Server Runtime Clients. It’s a 1.3 G download, and you only need about a 40M file for your system.
The installation is straight foward. Be prepared to click Next, and Finish.
Setup the ODBC bridge and IIB
Start > Run
- Type ODBC
- Click on Data Sources
- Click on Configure ODBC
Username db2admin Password fakepass! IP 22.214.171.124 Port 50000 Database name SAMPLE
call the alias as SAMPLE
- Launch a Command prompt
- Start > Run
- change directory to server\bin
- Launch iib
- C:\Program Files\IBM\IIB\10.0.0.4\server\
bin>mqsisetdbparms.exe TESTNODE_cheetah -n SAMPLE -u db2admin -p fakepass!
- BIP8071I: Successful command completion.
- TESTNODE_cheetah should be your local node in Eclipse.
- you’ll want to restart the Node (you can look in the lower right of your toolkit)
- Right Click the Node
- Then Start
To Read Data, the ESQL is easy:
- You can then send a message using the IIB tests , and confirm using your database db2 select * from DB2ADMIN.EMPLOYEE.
To Write Data:
- Repeat the project with the following:
- Create a New Input Message with
"EMPNO" : "2229",
"FIRSTNME" : "Paul",
"LASTNAME" : "B",
"JOB" : "PRES",
"EDLEVEL" : 18