Generally, I find developers implementing scenarios, such as “As a User, I need to iterate over X Social API, so I can find the right content.” The scenario implies that the social metadata is included, however many developers iterate over the entries in the feeds to discover the Tag metadata. If you read the documentation parameters, you can find optimizations to include metadata in the feed request, such as:
Specifies whether or not the tags that are displayed on the file welcome page are included in the returned Atom document. This parameter takes a Boolean value of either true or false. By default, the tags are not returned.
The URL Parameter that reduces the total number of requests needed. For instance, the request for a each of the 10 entries in a feed, and then the tags for those 10 entries appears to require 11 API calls with the includeTags=true it can be accomplished in one request.
You can also optimize the request by manipulating the page size – 1,10 or 25.
In some cases, you can further optimize with batch requests when creating content. Example, the Activities API enables batch deletes of Members or the OpenSocial ActivityStream API which enables batch creation of updates.
Hopefully, this quick tip helps others. I recently worked with a colleague who installed the Social Business Toolkit Ear and could not get the app to load the configuration properly. I changed the class loader to PARENT_LAST and the application loaded the configuration properly.
Saturday found me in Portland, Maine walking around the shops and eating the wonderful food found in the Downtown/Waterfront. One place was of particular interest Vena’s Fizz House. A place where the soda junkies can find all the great ingredients to build their Ginger Tinis, Ginger Beers, Ginger Julips or find some inspiration from Vena’s menu.
I don’t know how I did it. I lost wireless connectivity, so I was forced to plugin my Raspberry Pi to the Lan. Once, plugged in I could find it via the DHCP table on my router.
I first checked the iwlist wlan0 scan to see if my home network was listed. The home network was listed. It was.
I checked the wpa_supplicant configuration ~ $ sudo vi /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf and confirmed it pointed to the right network. I also checked dmesg to see if there were any hints for wpa_supplicant.
I looked at the /etc/network/interfaces and found
iface wlan0 inet manual
which I converted to
iface wlan0 inet dhcp
Also wpa-debug-level 3 was very helpful and must proceed the wpa-roam statement in the interfaces.
Also running the wpa_supplicant command can result in some good details